Glasgow Warriors | Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues

Got an opinion?
Discuss this article in the comments section or register with the forum.

Search this site


April 10, 2015

Glasgow Warriors 36 - 17 Cardiff Blues

GUINNESS PRO12 match played at Scotstoun on Friday April 10th 2015 | No comments

Dougie Hall went over for Glasgow's first try
Glasgow Warriors secured a vital bonus point win over Cardiff Blues at Scotstoun this evening.

Peter Horne's haul of 24 first-half points, which included a hat-trick of tries, helped league leaders Warriors open up a 29-3 interval lead, with Gareth Anscombe scoring for the visitors.

Cardiff grabbed second-half tries through Gareth Davies and Dan Fish but the damage was already done.

Adam Ashe scored Glasgow's only try in the second period.

There was plenty of emotions before kick-off as Al Kellock and Dougie Hall took a bow in front of the Scotstoun crowd. Both players will retire at the end of the season after years of fine service with Glasgow.

Horne got the scoring started with a three-pointer to hand the Warriors a 3-0 lead inside five minutes.

Cardiff hit back through Gareth Anscombe to draw the sides level but that was as good as it got for the visitors.

Following continuous bombardment of the Blues try-line, Dougie Hall found a gap and sneaked home in the corner to put Glasgow back in front with Horne adding the extras.

Glasgow's fast off-loading game was stretching the Cardiff defence and Peter Murchie and Tommy Seymour combined to send Horne clean through for the score.

The centre added another try minutes later, dashing through after a beautiful off-load by Seymour to leave the Warriors with a healthy 22-3 lead.

Cardiff's miserable first-half was compounded further when Jarrad Hoeata was yellow-carded for a high tackle on Murchie. While the lock was serving time in the sin bin, Horne added his third try to secure Glasgow's bonus point, cutting inside and scrambling home under the posts.

Horne added the conversion to hand the Warriors their healthy half-time lead.

After the break, the second half was never going to be much more than a training exercise for the Warriors.

Ashe added Glasgow's fifth try, cutting the Blues defence in two with a powerful run from midfield after 45 minutes as the agony for Cardiff went up another notch.

The Blues managed a couple of consolation tries through stand-off Davies and winger Fish in the final quarter but the result was never in doubt.

Referee George Clancy (Ireland)
Attendance 7,240
Man of the Match Alastair Kellock and Peter Horne
Jerry Yanuyanutawa
Dougie Hall
Michael Cusack
Tim Swinson
Alastair Kellock
Robert Harley
Chris Fusaro
Adam Ashe
Henry Pyrgos
Finn Russell
DTH van der Merwe
Peter Horne
Richie Vernon
Tommy Seymour
Peter Murchie
Pat MacArthur
Gordon Reid
Jon Welsh
Leone Nakarawa
Josh Strauss
Ali Price
Duncan Weir
Lee Jones
Match Substitutions
Off On
DTH van der Merwe Lee Jones
Off On
Dougie Hall Pat MacArthur
Off On
Adam Ashe Josh Strauss
Off On
Jerry Yanuyanutawa Gordon Reid
Off On
Michael Cusack Jon Welsh
Off On
Peter Horne Duncan Weir
Off On
Chris Fusaro Leone Nakarawa
Off On
Henry Pyrgos Ali Price
Peter Horne Penalty
Dougie Hall Try 
Peter Horne Conversion
Peter Horne Try 
Peter Horne Try 
Peter Horne Conversion
Peter Horne Try 
Peter Horne Conversion
Adam Ashe Try 
Finn Russell Conversion